logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Address index changes in dev-index branch

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Wed Jun 20 12:27:11 BST 2012

Hi

> Yes enabling/disabling the map does help. It also works without
> enabling/disabling, as long as I use a different MapID.
> Also, unlike your testcase, I get no crash if map is disabled, and it
> seems the GPS reception doesn't matter if I enable/disable.

I have since found that just clicking Enable was enough on my etrex30,
there was no need to disable first.

> So I think you can commit the branch. Nevertheless, it would be cool, if
> mkgmap could generate the POI the way Mapsource/Basecamp do, just to

Yes of course. I've had a few false starts in getting it right.
I think I will back out the change I made on the branch before merging
and then resume fixing it fully.

..Steve