logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Address search issues

From Ralf kleineisel ralf-lists at kleineisel.de on Thu Jun 14 20:19:12 BST 2012

Hi,

I'm having a hard time getting the address search to work.

I have split the area of Germany from the planet pbf file.

Then I build the Garmin IMGs with this commandline:

/usr/java/jdk1.6.0_24/bin/java -enableassertions -Xmx2048m -jar
/data/gps/mkgmap-r2294/mkgmap.jar

and this mkgmap config file:

###
description=OSM_Germany_Alps
country-name=Germany
country-abbr=DE
region-name=Germany
region-abbr=DE
name-tag-list="name:mkgmap,name:de,int_name,name:en,name"
overview-mapname=OSM_Germany_Alps
overview-mapnumber=10000000
latin1
reduce-point-density=4
merge-lines=yes
family-id=1331
product-id=1
series-name=OSM_SRTM_Germany_Alps
family-name=OSM_Germany
area-name=Germany
style-file=/data/gps/mkgmap-style-toponew_test120611/
tdbfile=no
route=yes
road-name-pois=0x640a
add-pois-to-areas
make-opposite-cycleways=yes
remove-short-arcs
adjust-turn-headings
link-pois-to-ways
bounds=/data/gps/boundary/bounds/
location-autofill=bounds,is_in,nearest
generate-sea=extend-sea-sectors,multipolygon,close-gaps=1000,floodblocker,fbgap=200,fbthres=20,fbratio=0.5
mapname: 10000001
input-file: 10000001.osm.gz
... [more mapname/description/input-file lines]
###

The directory /data/gps/boundary/bounds/ contains the unzipped file
http://www.navmaps.eu/wanmil/bounds_20120401.zip

The "lines", "points" and "polygons" files in my style contain the top
lines from the default style which set the location tags AFAIK.

I make the mapsource files afterwards:

###
description=OSM_SRTM_Germany
country-name=Germany
country-abbr=DE
region-name=Germany
region-abbr=DE
name-tag-list="name:mkgmap,name:de,int_name,name:en,name"
overview-mapname=OSM_SRTM_Germany
overview-mapnumber=10000000
latin1
series-name=OSM_SRTM_Germany
area-name=Test
family-id=1331
product-id=1
family-name=OSM_Germany
tdbfile=yes
input-file: 10000001.img
... [more tile files]
###

When I try the address search in mapsource I get this:

City search for "Berlin":
Berlin is found, but mapsource displays "Berlin, NOT_SET, DEU".

When I search for a street in Berlin (say, Alexanderstrasse, I can see
the POI on the map) I cannot enter "Berlin" in the City field. As soon
as I enter the "i" mapsource deletes it again.

When I enter the postcode (10178 for Alexanderstrasse, Berlin) the
street is found. Mapsource displays "Alexanderstrasse, Not_Set, NOT_SET,
DEU".

I tried this for various cities and streets.

When I build a gmapsupp.img it behaves rather the same in my eTrex
Legend HCx.

Any ideas? Is there anything wrong with the bounds data or the style files?