logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] turn restrictions relations are lost when using `--remove-short-arcs`

From "Michael Günnewig" MichaelGuennewig at gmx.de on Tue May 15 06:54:17 BST 2012

Hi.

On Tue, May 15, 2012 04:19, maning sambale wrote:
> Reported here: https://github.com/maning/osmphgps/issues/48
>
> Apparently, relation information on turn-restrictions were lost when
> using `--remove-short-arcs`.  Compiling without the
> `--remove-short-arcs` directive solves the issue.  My assumption is
> that the `remove-short-arcs` directive is processed after routing
> creation, it seems to be the other way around.

I guess this is caused by the quite large minimum arc length of 5 meters.
Essentially this means that all points not further away then 5 meters are
one point and it would be quite difficult and time consuming to adapt all
turn restrictions accordingly.
With the default value of 0 (--remove-short-arcs) you should be fine though.

> Another separate but related issue on turn_restrictions.  Does current
> version of mkgmap support turn_restriction relation where via is a way
> and not a point?

AFAIK this is not yet supported.  Most probably its still unclear how this
would have to be represented within the Garmin format.

> Full args list below for reference:
>
> code-page=1252
> tdbfile
> latin1
> country-abbr=PHL
> country-name=PHILIPPINES
> remove-short-arcs=5
> route
> add-pois-to-areas
> family-id=639
> family-name=OSM_PHIL
> overview-mapname=40000001
> series-name=OSM_PHIL
> description=OSM Philippines
> style-file=/home/maning/osm/routable_garmin/git/osmphgps/styles/default
> generate-sea=polygons,extend-sea-sectors,close-gaps=1000
> adjust-turn-headings
> check-roundabouts
> drive-on-right
> check-roundabout-flares