logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [Patch V1] Subdivision width is 36627 at 3230916/1236133

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Thu May 3 22:19:54 BST 2012

Hi WanMil,

> Date: Thu, 3 May 2012 22:10:57 +0200
> From: wmgcnfg at web.de
> To: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
> Subject: Re: [mkgmap-dev] [Patch V1] Subdivision width is 36627 at	3230916/1236133
>
> Ok, I missed that the split routine is called only if the maxdimension
> is larger than max width/height.
>
> Why do you use maxSize-MapSplitter.MIN_AREA_DIMENSION(10) as max dimension?

I think any large value smaller than maxSize will work. There is no good reason to use this constant, I forgot to remove it
when I tried to create a test case for the problem described in your picture. I failed to create such a case, but I think it is
possible to hit that case, and my patch doesn't solve it.

Gerd