logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Default license

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Sun Apr 29 23:53:17 BST 2012

Hello

> Would it be better to point the default license to this URL?
> http://osm.org/copyright

I'm not sure, we include a copyright message of the licence that
the map is distributed under and the point of the link to
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Attribution is to
provide a way for attribution (which is required by the licence) to
be given.

The attribution link seems to be a more complete list than given
on the copyright page.

Is there any more guidance given anywhere else? What does everyone
else do now?

Of course the data licence is about to change and this is a
whole new can of worms which needs another post.

..Steve