logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Dubious interpretation of "Arena/Track"

From Steve Hosgood steve at stoneship.org.uk on Thu Apr 26 15:21:42 BST 2012

The address-searching and associated searching for things based on their
category is a very welcome recent innovation. Thank you to all who
managed to decipher the file format sufficiently to allow that!

I see an issue.
It seems that every closed polygon (and maybe POI) marked as
leisure=pitch is being added to the list of what I see as "Arena/Track"
on my Streetpilot. Trouble is, this means that every occasional tennis
court or football field appears seperately under this category -
effectively rendering the category useless! There are hundreds of
unattached pitches flagged in my area (Swansea, South Wales).

Couldn't "Arena/Track" be better considered as the catch-all for things
marked "leisure=track" and "amenity=stadium" (or whatever is typical for
stadiums).

Steve