logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] 2 Gb size limit gmapsupp?

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Wed Mar 28 23:44:20 BST 2012

On 21/03/12 10:15, Minko wrote:
> I uploaded the file here:
> https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5LoKTN293hkb3FBVmg1OGFROWVjNHZJQU5XMDdGQQ/edit?pli=1

Thanks for this - sorry I've been away - just been able to look at it.

There are two problems, the first is for sizes over 2GB which is fixed
with the attached patch (jar file at URL:
http://files.mkgmap.org.uk/download/64/mkgmap.jar ) this may work if
--index is not given.

If --index is given, then the size of the index is not included, and
the size recorded in the img header may be too small. I'll
see if I can fix that tomorrow.

Since the size of the index is never included, that means that the
index may not work for any size gmapsupp on any device where the sizes
recorded in the img header are important. May be the cause of problems
as reported on the forum (eg.
http://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?id=15992)

Even on such devices it may sometimes work, but the larger the file,
the more likely it is that it will be wrong.

..Steve