logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Splitter ignores Relation->Relation ?

From aighes osm at aighes.de on Fri Mar 16 21:07:25 GMT 2012

Am 16.03.2012 21:55, schrieb WanMil:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Maybe splitter contains an error. OSM data contains relations that are
>> members of other relations, e.g.
>> relation 349029 contains relation 339738 and is part of relation 349041.
>>
>> I don't see code in splitter that takes care about this fact, means, a
>> relation is written to those tiles
>> that contains ways or nodes of it, but the (sub-)relations are ignored.
>> In the worst case, a relation contains only relations and is therefore
>> completely dropped by splitter.
>>
>> Is this intended?
> AFAIK subrelations are not supported by mkgmap.
...but it would be a great thing and very usefull for route-relations.
Large ones are mostly separated in many subrelations and the full name
is just tagged to the collecting superrelation.
So it would be great, to copy taggs via style-file from superrelation to
their subrelations.

But this isn't a

Henning