logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Problem with splitter

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Tue Mar 13 05:59:30 GMT 2012

Hi Wolfgang,

yes, that' s exactly what happens. I see three ways to solve this problem:
1) Enhance the logic in mkgmap that guesses how the missing ways completed
the multipolygon, e.g. by adding a backtracking algorithmn (this is already
suggested in the code).
2) Enhance splitter so that it writes all points and all ways of
multipolygon to each tile.
3) Enhance splitter to write one extra output file that contains only the
1st and last point of each way that is part of a multipolygon, and create a
method in mkgmap that looks for this data when
it doesn't find the way in the normal input. We need only the end points
because we use the data only in cases where we know that they are outside of
the bounding box. Maybe that can be done with osmfilter as well ?

I did not start coding, but I think option 3) should be easy to do and I
hope it solves most
of the problems. Option 2) looks more difficult and will blow up tile sizes
and CPU cost both in splitter and mkgmap. Option 1) can be done as well.

Does that sound reasonable?

Gerd

Wolfgang Hammel wrote