logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] BoundaryCoverageUtil

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Mon Mar 12 21:52:59 GMT 2012

Hi,

I have commited a new tool BoundaryCoverageUtil to the performance
branch. Thanks to Gerd who ported it to the new boundary format.

I have tested it with freshly compiled boundaries of africa and found
some mysteries. http://files.mkgmap.org.uk/detail/60 contains a zip file
with the coverage of africa with admin_level=2 (as GPX). If you look at
the Canaries you see that the sea boundary is ok, but there is a hole
along the coastline.

I haven't started to track down the problem but maybe you have an idea,
Gerd?
It is possible that the boundary data is wrong, or the Preparer has a
problem or that the coverage util fails.

WanMil