logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] gpx track files do not work on routable maps

From Eric Fernandez zeb at zebulon.org.uk on Mon Mar 5 20:07:01 GMT 2012

> Do you mean that on the edge you can use the track as a route and that
> fails, or that any route you try to follow is broken by the presence of
> the track?

No. When you want to navigate a GPX trak file, you have the
possibility to show it on the map as track points, without navigation.
This works. But when you selet "naigate" after you select that GPX
tack file then the routing fails: the pink line that represents the
calculated route is wrong (either Begin overlays End, or there is a
bit of route but it is interupted).

Also, I can record a path using the Edge. When I try to renavigate the
same path (stored in history) the navigation is wrong too. But if I
switch back to Garmin City map, then it navigates properly.

Have you some navigation function on your device? Are there other Edge
users on this ML?

Eric