logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] gpx track files do not work on routable maps

From Eric Fernandez zeb at zebulon.org.uk on Mon Mar 5 13:58:41 GMT 2012

2012/3/5 Felix Hartmann <extremecarver at gmail.com>:
> I reckon, you don't really understand the difference between a route and
> a track. Routing never works on GPX files.

GPX track and GPX route should both allow navigation on the Edge, as
explained here: http://ridewithgps.com/edge_705. The problem with GPX
route is that it is limited in number of points. GPX track is
preferable. It is a course file (TCX) which does not allow navigation
actually.

> And if routing on city
> navigator works on ways that are invisible, then that routing actually
> happens on another map, but not on city Navigator. (and also don't
> confuse searching for addresses with routing). And note, round-routes
> are not working on Garmin GPS. Leave at least 100m between Start and
> Finish distance.

This does not change anything, I have an Oxford to Blenheim palace GPX
track which behaves the same way (the begin overlays the end point at
Blenheim palace).

This is puzzling indeed.

Thanks for your advice,
Eric