logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [Patch] Spurious dead main thread

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Sat Mar 3 15:26:09 GMT 2012

Hi Gerd,

thanks for the patch.
The problem is the getActiveCount() method. The javadoc tells that it
returns the approximate number of active threads. The only chance that
the old code dead locks is that getActiveCount() returns 1 but all
threads have already been finished and all results have been taken via
the completion service.
The patch fixes one problem (so I committed it) but as long as we cannot
guarantee that getActiveCount() returns the correct number of remaining
threads I expect that we might face a problem the other way round: One
or more jobs have not been completely finished but the loop exits
because getActiveCount() returns 0 (which is *approximately* correct...).

So I have to change that once more.

WanMil