logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Holes in the Sea

From RheinSkipper rheinskipper1000 at gmx.de on Tue Feb 28 13:19:28 GMT 2012

Sorry Marko, I mixed up the tiles. 63240790 was a seahole west of Ireland
which may have no coastline.

Meanwhile  I re-splitted and re-compiled everything again with some
different options (so the tile names are different now). This time I have
exactly 3 seaholes. Again the one south of Monaco (63240484) has coastline
in it. The one in the Biscay also has.

http://files.mkgmap.org.uk/download/52/Mapsource.JPG
http://files.mkgmap.org.uk/download/53/63240484.osm.pbf
http://files.mkgmap.org.uk/download/54/63240484.xml
http://files.mkgmap.org.uk/download/55/63240320.osm.pbf

Strange is: The tiles with the holes have completely incorrect geonames.
Other geonames seem to be OK.

To make sure, coastline is OK, I extracted one from the planet and used this
as coastline-file this time.

The files linked above are from a split with max-nodes=1200000 and I used
default options for generate-sea. I also tested with max-nodes=1600000, then
the Monaco hole was away but the others were still there.

I had no errors from the splitter or mkgmap (except some corrupted seamarks
and a too long way (ferry route) in the Baltic).

Yes, I have the same problems loading the XML tiles in Josm but with
tweaking "version" and "changeset" to 1 it works.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:RheinSkipper