logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Serious Bug - Mkgmap creating map that puts news GPS (confirmed etrex 30, Oregon 550) into bootloop

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Fri Feb 24 09:24:23 GMT 2012

Bang, I think that's it. I now managed to sent a map including the bay
of biscay (one tile), and looked if the other really small tiles
included cities/islands. Found one that didn't, left it out and the GPS
booted.

IMHO (I'll try to simply include a city POI into the tiles of biscay) -
we would need to make sure, that each tile has a city or island
(0x650c)! Maybe that could be related to how the search function is
organised? Loading maps the GPS usually tries to set up the POI index
internally. Maybe that's why it crashes. Too few/no cities or no POI at
all, and bang.

My next try will be to simply include city POIs with gpsmapedit into
each tile of the gulf of biscay, and recompile...