logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Different POI with same name

From Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.de on Fri Feb 17 12:35:40 GMT 2012

On Fri, Feb 17, Steve Ratcliffe wrote:

> > Could that be a try to solve the problem with duplicate POIs if
> > you have one POI generated from a node and one from an area?
>
> That wasn't the motivation - it is just all the other sections are
> de-duplicated.
>
> But you are right, you may get duplicates in the index with the patch
> where you wouldn't before.

Yes, and I tried to think already about how to solve this, but there
is no trivial solution. The only way I see is, to check if a node is
inside a polygone with the same name/attributes if --add-pois-to-areas
is given.

So at least all McDonald's in Nuernberg are now findable again ;)
I will test the map over the weekend and look, which duplicates POIs
there are now.

  Thorsten