logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] overlays

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Fri Feb 17 08:31:31 GMT 2012

There is not much difference. Overlays existed before continue command
was implemented, and therefore still exists.
Sometimes it needs less lines if you use overlay command instead of
continue. On the other hand it might get more confusing when you edit
your style and is less flexible. (as there is "continue" and "continue
with actions").

The syntax is very simple. You set a code in your normal lines file (it
only works for lines I think).
eg.
0x101 and reference that with the overlay you want to have drawn in the
overlays file.
e.g.
0x101: 0x13, 0x16, 0x34

I'm not sure what references you can set. I would think 0x?? and 0x????
and 0x????? is not allowed as it could be a real type to. Also maybe
another "x" is forbidden?? So use different names for overlay reference.