logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Different POI with same name

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Thu Feb 16 23:57:00 GMT 2012

Hi

> I found out that this is always the case if there are two or more
> POIs with the same name in one city. Amsterdam has two POIs with
> the same name: the city (place=city) and a hotel (tourism=hotel).
> Apeldoorn had even three POIs. Needless to say, that you can find
> with the City Navigator Europe V8 (yes, already quite some years old)
> all POIs.

All POI names are de-duplicated so that there is only one per map and
region.

Not really sure what the point of that was as in almost all cases I
would expect that two POI's are different even if they have the same
name, unlike the situation with roads.

Attached patch removes this behaviour and allows all POIs to be found.

..Steve