logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] NumberFormatException when making marine chart

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Wed Feb 8 18:55:46 GMT 2012

On Wed, Feb 08, 2012 at 06:16:19PM +0100, Jürgen Baumgartl wrote:
>When I use the marine style from resources/styles/marine, I get a lot
>of errors similar to this:
>
>   SCHWERWIEGEND (ExtTypeAttributes): ..\tiles\63240040.osm.pbf: OSM id
>   1460137282
>
>   (java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "3+")

Do you see it in http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/node/1460137282 or
does it come from the style? In the source data, there seems to be
seamark:light:sequence="3+(1)". Is this causing the error?

>Any suggestions?

The marine style was written by Mark Burton, who appears to have
disappeared since then. (Does anyone know what happened?)

The marine style points file defines this rule:

seamark:light:sequence=* { add mkgmap:xt-note='Sequence:
${seamark:light:sequence}'; }

I guess that this tag is being processed by the mkgmap core. I think
that you should answer the following questions?

1. Is the source data correct?
2. Can this be represented in the Garmin format? How?

If the data is incorrect, correct it, either at the source or (not so
nice approach) in the style file, for example so that only the part
before the + sign is chosen.

If the translation can be improved, then we need some fix for the
handling of mkgmap:xt-note in the mkgmap core.

	Marko