logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Trouble applying patches

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sat Feb 4 10:20:18 GMT 2012

Hi Marko,

I tried to apply my patch
boundary_prep_quadtree_v1.patch
on the performance branch in my linux environment.
I still wasn't able to do it :-(

> Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2012 11:32:03 +0200
> From: marko.makela at iki.fi
> To: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
> Subject: [mkgmap-dev] Trouble applying patches
>
> On Sat, Feb 04, 2012 at 10:22:04AM +0100, Thorsten Kukuk wrote:
> >Sorry, no, I wasn't able to find out what exactly the linux patch
> >utility did not like on the patches.
>
> Educated guess: CR+LF instead of LF as line terminator.
> Fix: tr -d \\015 < bad.patch > good.patch
> or patch -lp0<bad.patch

I tried both, did not help

> (Or both, in case the mkgmap svn contains CR+LF line endings. For that,
> the fix would be "svn propset svn:eol-style native" on all text files in
> the repository.)

Do you mean my repository or that on http://svn.parabola.me.uk/mkgmap ?

When I do it on my repo and create a new patch, the patch contains these
changes as well. I don't think that's wanted?

So, if anybody is able to apply my patch on linux, please post what to do, or even better:
Tell me how to create patches that work on both systems.

Ciao,