logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Incorrect tiles (filled with unwanted data)

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Tue Jan 31 19:44:52 GMT 2012

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 11:34:44AM -0800, toc-rox wrote:
>Nodes/ways/rels that fall outside an area will still be included if
>they are within this many map units. Default is 2000.
>
>Could someone explain more detailed the influence of the overlap option ?

In short, splitter is "cheating" to save memory and computations. It
does not copy complete ways and relations that have at least one node
within the current tile.  Instead, it defines two tile borders. The
inner border is defined as the bounding box. The outer border is the
bbox+overlap. All nodes within the outer border will be included. I am
not entirely sure about the treatment of ways and relations, but it
could be that all ways and relations that refer to the copied nodes will
be copied.

	Marko