logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] How to split polygons into boundary relations with common ways?

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Tue Jan 24 21:58:33 GMT 2012

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 07:58:21AM -0800, Apollinaris Schoell wrote:
>Don't know any software for osm files. But if you could create shape
>files first then there are 1 or 2 converters from shape to osm format
>which can create the relations and remove duplicate ways.

Right, ogr2osm should be one of them. I guess I will have to go back
from osm to shape format and then try my luck with these converters.

Do you know if there is any shape file converter that would merge nearby
nodes to a single OSM node id? In this data set, adjacent areas
sometimes have nodes in almost the same position. This should be a
problem in the original dataset and not a coordinate transformation
artefact, because a transformation could map multiple points to one
point, but not vice versa.

	Marko