logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Searching for postal_code & pbf-support

From Martin mkmap at snailrun.de on Mon Jan 23 17:18:37 GMT 2012

Hello,

while searching for information how housenumbers are handled on Garmin devices I found a old thread.
Postal_codes:
When I use the display-tool I see that the zip-codes (mdr 6) are not sorted:

--------- MDR 6 (ZIPs) ---------------------------------------------------------
         |        |                         | Zip size: 2
         |        |                         | zip index 1
00f99def | 000000 | 40                      | 64 map number
00f99df0 | 000001 | 2a 00                   | the 42 zip in the map
00f99df2 | 000003 | 40 08 00                | offset in LBL 0x000840
         |        |                         | zip index 2
00f99df5 | 000006 | 40                      | 64 map number
00f99df6 | 000007 | 35 00                   | the 53 zip in the map
00f99df8 | 000009 | 40 2b 00                | offset in LBL 0x002b40
         |        |                         | zip index 3

I don't think/hope that sorting the postal_codes will fix the problem...
I'ver read somewhere, that only in NT-Maps postal_codes are searchable... Maybe we just have to set some bits in the header...

//Martin