logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Associating addr:housenumber with a street

From Colin Smale colin.smale at xs4all.nl on Fri Jan 20 22:05:04 GMT 2012

On 20/01/2012 22:39, Marko Mäkelä wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 06:43:51PM +0100, Martin wrote:
>> I think most of the housenumbers are connected to a street with the
>> Karlsruhe-Schema (via relation or normal tagging), or?
> I have seen both nodes with addr:* tags and building=* ways with addr:*
> tags. Some mappers seem to set addr:housenumber only. I try to set
> addr:street, addr:postcode, addr:city, addr:country. House number
> interpolation lines are rare around here; I have come across one.
>
> I guess that the algorithm could be something like this:
>
> * For all polygons that carry addr:housenumber, create an imaginary
> address point for the centroid.
How about using building=entrance if available instead of the centroid?
That's also more likely to be closer to a street and less ambiguous as
to which street. The centroid of a corner building will be closer to the
long side, irrespective of where the entrance is.