logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Associating addr:housenumber with a street

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Fri Jan 20 21:39:40 GMT 2012

On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 06:43:51PM +0100, Martin wrote:
>I think most of the housenumbers are connected to a street with the
>Karlsruhe-Schema (via relation or normal tagging), or?

I have seen both nodes with addr:* tags and building=* ways with addr:*
tags. Some mappers seem to set addr:housenumber only. I try to set
addr:street, addr:postcode, addr:city, addr:country. House number
interpolation lines are rare around here; I have come across one.

I guess that the algorithm could be something like this:

* For all polygons that carry addr:housenumber, create an imaginary
address point for the centroid. Process these converted points as well
as all points that carry addr:housenumber. (I would not convert every
way or node with addr:housenumber node to a fully featured POI. They
should only be included in the house number index.)

* Do whatever is needed for processing relations or interpolation lines.
Or ignore them in the initial version.

* If addr:street exists, try to match it to a nearby highway=*
name=${addr:street}. Complain and ignore the house number if no matching
street is found nearby. Maybe try matching to name:*=${addr:street} as
well, for multilingual areas.

* If addr:street does not exist, attach the point to the nearest
highway=* & highway!=service & name!=*. If no such way exists nearby,
complain and ignore the house number.

* The search distance ('nearby') should be a configuration parameter.

Best regards,

	Marko