logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Configurable region/city mapping in address search?

From Minko ligfietser at online.nl on Sat Jan 14 22:27:02 GMT 2012

For Luxemburg, because it is such a small country, I have adapted the default rules a bit:
mkgmap:country=LUX & mkgmap:region!=* & mkgmap:admin_level6=* { set mkgmap:region='${mkgmap:admin_level6}' }

I deleted the following rule, because level 6 is the highest (municipalties aka 'commune'):
mkgmap:country=LUX & mkgmap:city!=* & mkgmap:admin_level8=* { set mkgmap:city='${mkgmap:admin_level8}' }

This means that the locater will now use the nearest
node to assign streets in smaller villages belonging to a municipality:
Hualwee in Lieler,Commune Heinersheid, LUX

With the default mkgmap rules there were no streets to be found in Lieler, only in Heinersheid.

Marko wrote:

I am not sure if the above only applies to boundary=administrative
relations. For location-autofill=nearest (using place=* nodes only), I
am guessing that region is hard-wired to the country. That is OK too,
since the place=* is sort-of obsoleted by the boundary relations.