logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Configurable region/city mapping in address search?

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Sat Jan 14 16:59:19 GMT 2012

It occurred to me that the definition of a region should probably depend
on the area of the map that is being built.

For a map that comprises most of Europe, a meaningful region could be
the country. A map of a single country or closely related countries,
such as the BeNeLux or the Baltic countries might use state or province
for the regions. A map of a federal republic such as Germany or the USA
could use the state for the region. A map of a single state might use
city as the region and suburb or village (German: Ortsteil) as the city.

Is the mapping of regions and cities configurable? How? I guess that one
would get most flexibility with a location bounds file.

	Marko