logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [Patch v1] LocationHook with new Quadtree

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Thu Jan 12 19:23:11 GMT 2012

Hi,

attached is a patch that implements LocationHook with a new Quadtree.
With my test data, it makes mkgmap about 10% faster.

Remarks:
- Some Nodes and ways are not found. I think that's because they lie exactly
on boundaries. The same problem occurs with mkgmap from trunk. As a work
around I suggest to search those nodes again with coords decreased by 1.
- More time may be saved if we manage to save the preprocessed boundary data
in a format that can be directly loaded into the quadtree.

http://gis.638310.n2.nabble.com/file/n7181376/locationHook_speedup.patch
locationHook_speedup.patch

ciao,