logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Routing issue with split road

From Francisco Moraes francisco.moraes at gmail.com on Sat Jan 7 23:21:52 GMT 2012

On 2:59 PM, Marko Mäkelä wrote:
> Right, that's why I asked where you were heading to and what the
> routing suggestion looked like. Was the Garmin unit configured to
> auto-recalculate, and was there some bad coverage (tunnels) that
> caused it to "jump" somewhere else and back? Or could there be some
> error in the map data elsewhere, such as disconnected ways or oneway
> arrows going head-to-head or back-to-back?
I didn't see anything on a quick scan of the data all the way south to
my destination. All nodes were connected. I usually rely on KeepRight to
flag errors in the data and nothing is reported as far as I can tell. No
tunnels, nothing, just a straight road to destination. MapSource doesn't
seem to have the issue which is strange.
> Can you download the region around your route and compile it with
> mkgmap with logging enabled? Does it complain anything relevant?
I will try it tomorrow if I have time.
> I do not travel by car that often. A year or two ago I remember a
> similar situation where a split way was merged. There was some error
> in the map data at that point, but I cannot remember what it was and
> cannot deduce it from the history of the ways. FWIW, it probably was
> node 27536320 at lat=60.4558175, lon=24.8496977, and I was heading west.
Thanks. I am out of ideas given that MapSource works.

Francisco