logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mkgmap homepage

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Tue Dec 27 14:10:49 GMT 2011

Hello Steve,

the text on

http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/page/tile-splitter

lists some numbers regarding speed and throughput with large files for
splitter and mkgmap. I think that r198 is now stable, so the numbers should
be reviewed.  In fact, it took me quite a long time to understand that many
of the isues listed there were (partly) already solved by Scott Crosby when
I started looking at the sources.

I planned to help with the gmap-mdr branch, but you were too fast ;-)  and I
am still far away from understanding the complete program. Thanks for this
great work, I'll probaby profit on it again when doing my next long bike
holidays.

Ciao,