logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] true color problems with typ compiler

From n Willink nw at pinns.co.uk on Sat Dec 24 09:11:41 GMT 2011

""Ah, a fix for another bug introduced that one. I only expect to
read in colour mode 0 true colour images at the moment.""

You've done the hard bit of squashing all those bytes!
That explains why the stream is shorter.

there are 5 / 8 known font options
0 = default
1 = Nolabel
2 =  SmallFont
3 = Normal
4 = Large
have not experimented to find out what values 5-7 do, if anything

As you probably have gathered the first colour acts as a transparent colour,
always placed as the first colour but I agree that would be confusing
fornthe user.

I've not represented 16 bit truecolor the way you suggested,ie replacing the
transparent colour with 'none',  but it does make sense for the user not to
specify the transparent colour, ie to copy Garmins structure.

yes, you can use 32 bit truecolor and amazingly specify level of opacity 0 -
15 for each pixel; it works well on my humble Oregon!

I use:
"#EDEBED"  alpha 15
"#EDEBED"  alpha 10
"#EDEBED"  alpha 0
etc

bytes needed for each color: 1.5 with 'last 4 bits' reserved for opacity