logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Garmin now has a completly revamped map format - or changes now seem to be pretty dialled in.... good or bad for mkgmap ??

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Thu Dec 15 17:03:02 GMT 2011

Well for right now some things:

Unpaved roads are not properly avoided any more over longer distances.
Motorcycle behaves like the old automotive routing in Mapsource 6.16.3;
Automotive is still pretty similar. In reality there are the following
different routing algorythms:
a) automotive/trucking
b) bicycle/tour bicycle/mtb
c) motorcycling
d) atv/dirtbike
e) walking/hiking/mountaineering

Of course none are interested in the old way of how things behaved with
avoidances.
For bicycle at least I couldn't identify any avoidance to work as
expected (also things like residential streets 0x07 are not avoided at
all). Over long distances there is however a subtle difference based on
avoidances - but I cannot identify at all on what it is based...