logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Double Entries in Search Index

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Mon Dec 12 15:59:20 GMT 2011

On 12.12.2011 16:26, Thorsten Kukuk wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 10, Felix Hartmann wrote:
>
>> I just checked that in City Navigator many streets can be found under
>> several cities. Especially in Vienna and other cities that are both a
>> Land and a city this would be very useful. Although I would like to  be
>> able to define that I can search for streets in both the english name
>> city, as well as the local name of the city if an english name exists
>> (that's not as important though).
>>
>> For the address search in Vienna to be useful one currently needs this
>> additional rule:
> What's the problem with Vienna? Any example? For my tests it works
> fine.
Well noone would assume that he has to enter Vienna as a state instead
of a city. Vienna is both a state and a city, just like Hamburg or Berlin.
admin_level=8 is used to specify one of the 23 districts of Vienna
(Wiener Bezirke).

It needs to be possible to use either the city or the bezirk as city
(even though usually for everyone the postcode is enough and noone
searches after the Bezirk). That's the way it is implemented in most
maps (and all garmin maps).