logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Howto debug map problem that city in map can not be found in MapSource

From Stefan Schunck stefan.florenz.schunck at googlemail.com on Thu Dec 8 09:27:32 GMT 2011

Hi,

I created a map of italy using latest mkgmap with option
location-autofill=bounds.
 I noticed that I cannot find small city Oppeano but I can find city Zevio
(which is close to Oppeano).
Last time I made a map of Italy I could find Oppeano ( unfortunately old
osm input and mkgmap version is not available any more )
Now I would like to know how to effectively debug such an issue.

   - It could be a change in OSM.
   - It could be a OSM boundary problem.
   - it could be that this city is in the index, but it can not be found.
   - ...

is there for example a tool which converts the city index into text?
thanks,
Stefan