logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] gmapsupp-mdr branch

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Wed Dec 7 20:54:35 GMT 2011

On Wed, Dec 07, 2011 at 10:25:15AM -0500, Francisco Moraes wrote:
>I also tried this and it appears to work fine on my Oregon 450. The
>only thing I still need to understand is why my streets are not
>assigned a City nor a State. How can I debug and understand what is
>missing?
>
>There is an admin boundary for the city which is really complicated
>(outer/inner members). Not sure about the state as this is a single
>state (North Carolina) extract from geofabrik.

Did you try to extract the boundary relations and their members from the
Geofabrik extract with Osmosis, and loading the result in JOSM? I have
successfully used that technique to analyze and fix coastline issues.
But, I don't know the exact commands how to fetch all ways belonging to
a given relation. Perhaps something like this?

osmosis --rb STATE.osm.pbf --tf accept-relations 'boundary=*' \
--used-node --wx STATE-boundary.osm
josm STATE-boundary.osm

Best regards,

	Marko