logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] exclude words from city / state

From Jaakko Helleranta.com jaakko at helleranta.com on Tue Dec 6 16:36:15 GMT 2011

Add
short_name / short_name:[lang]
to data as need and use them if they are available and
name / name:[lang] if not?
I think this is not documented (and I don't remember having even checked how widely it's used, probably not very widely) but it would b logical and would make it possible to use this more generally. I guess you could also use the loc_name, reg_name, nat_name tags for getting what u want through fixing the data.
-Jaakko

------Original Message------
From: toc-rox
Sender: mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
To: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
ReplyTo: Development list for mkgmap
Subject: Re: [mkgmap-dev] exclude words from city / state
Sent: Dec 6, 2011 10:22

How is it possible to substitute more than one word ?

I have something like this as names in "admin_level=8":
"Gemeinde Spalt"
"Gemeinde Maxdorf"
"Stadt Linz am Rhein"
"Stadt Rodgau"

I want to replace "Gemeinde " and "Stadt " with nothing.
How is it possible to combine:
mkgmap:country=DEU & mkgmap:city!=* & mkgmap:admin_level8=* { set
mkgmap:city='${mkgmap:admin_level8|subst:Gemeinde }' }
and
mkgmap:country=DEU & mkgmap:city!=* & mkgmap:admin_level8=* { set
mkgmap:city='${mkgmap:admin_level8|subst:Stadt }' }

Regards Klaus

Sent from my BlackBerry® device from Digicel
--
Mobile: +509-37-26 91 54, Skype/GoogleTalk: jhelleranta