logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Address search in czech republic

From Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.de on Mon Nov 28 19:43:26 GMT 2011

Hi WanMil,

On Mon, Nov 28, WanMil wrote:

> > On Sat, Nov 19, Thorsten Kukuk wrote:
> >

> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I tested address search in mapsource today with my self generated
> >> maps for Garmin. For "DACH" it works fine, but for czech_republic,
> >> nearly no address was found.
> >
> > Ok, I have it now working:
> >
> > 1. the czech_republic extract from geofabrik is broken. My guess
> >     is they cut again too much away. I created now my own extract.
> > 2. I did use the name-tag-list option. It looks like this option
> >     is incompatible with locator support.
> >
> > Is it possible to ignore the name-tag-list option for mkgmap:city
> > and mkgmap:admin_level* ? I think that would help a lot to get
> > the address search more reliable.
> >
> >    Thorsten
> >

> Hi Thorsten,
>
> what exactly do you mean with 'incompatible'?
>
> At the moment it is not possible to ignore the name-tag-list option. Can
> you give an example why this would be useful?

Ok, what I did was:

Use --name-tag-list="name:de,int_name,name:en,name"

The city "Praha" is now translated to "Prague".
Search for the street "Lihovarska" in the City "Prague"
with MapSource (MapSource version doesn't matter).
You will get an error message "The selected street is not valid
in this map product. Please select a different street."
You will get this for all streets in all citys, where another
translation for name is choosen than the local "name".

If I don't use the name-tag-list option, the name of the city
is "Praha" and search works fine.

So why I would like to have the name-tag-list ignored: I would
like to search for POI with the "international names", because
most of the time I don't know the local name, but address search
should of course still be working.

  Thorsten