logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] TYP compiler

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Mon Nov 28 15:48:22 GMT 2011

Hi

> Are the values for the language codes documented somewhere? I guess the
> list is not too long; maybe it could be included on this page?

Yes, it would be a good idea to include a list on the page or
referenced from there, I shall do that.

> Also, how can the code page in which the TYP-file is expressed be
> specified? Can we use UTF-8 for example?

Ah this is a good point that I meant to mention.  The mkgmap compiler
prefers them to be written in UTF-8, so you should write them that way
if you have the choice.

However many existing ones are not, so if reading them in utf-8 fails,
I then try to read them in the code page that is declared in the file.

..Steve