logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] gmapsupp visible in Basecamp

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Sun Nov 27 15:24:47 GMT 2011

Hi

> By default the Ms (Mapsource) flag is set to 1 but you can set it to 0 with Gmaptool:

That flag is not set by mkgmap, unless I'm mistaking what is meant. Is
this for ones created by mapsource?

> I have tried it with my Openfietsmap and it worked. However I
> discovered that my map is transparent. Underneath it appeared the
> Basecamp basemap, a very rough map with highways that used my custom
> typ file (with the wrong lines of course). Any ideas how to make
> this basemap invisible? I think it has something to do with not
> using the 0x4b background; I dont use it because this causes ghost

As far as I know it is only the background that makes the map opaque.

> shading in Mapsource (zooming in produces a lot of noise, like this
> example: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8541959/mapsource%20lines.jpg). If
> I edit my map with gpsmapedit, I can see this background polygon 4b
> is still there, but I simply dont have defined it in the typ file
> because of those unwanted effects in Mapsource.

What happens if you put it back into the TYP file, is it still
transparent then?

..Steve