logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] License text

From Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.de on Sun Nov 27 06:37:20 GMT 2011

On Sun, Nov 27, Steve Ratcliffe wrote:

> Hi
>
> >> display all those copyright information in mapsource via
> >> help->about->product info.
> >
> > Doesn't work for me, at least with MapSource 6.15.7. Only the MapSource
> > copyright is shown, but not the ones of an installed map.
>
> Oh, in later MapSource versions it has moved to Utilities->Manage Map
> Products.

Ah, thanks, somehow missed it there.

Ok, at least mapsource 6.15.7 is sorting the lines alphabetical.
Which means even the original mkgmap text is reodered. Looks funny
and of course the text in reodered form doesn't make sense anymore :(
And empty lines are not allowed.
Else it works as expected.

> >> So I'd like to apply your patch but change the option wording to
> >> 'specify a copyright message for files that do not contain one'
> >> or something like that.
> >
> > Attached is the new patch from me, which is able to change both: the
> > copyright message for the device and what I call "license text".
> OK Thanks.
>
> If you have a gmapsupp.img with 2 tiles with different copyrights, what
> gets shown on the device?

On the device, both are shown. In mapsource: didn't tested it yeet.

But my expectation is: mapsource will get all lines, sort them
alphabetical and show the unique ones.

  Thorsten