logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] License text

From Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.de on Sat Nov 26 22:46:01 GMT 2011

On Thu, Nov 24, Steve Ratcliffe wrote:

> As well as being placed into the .img, all copyright messages are
> collected, de-duplicated and placed into the .tdb file. You can
> display all those copyright information in mapsource via
> help->about->product info.

Doesn't work for me, at least with MapSource 6.15.7. Only the MapSource
copyright is shown, but not the ones of an installed map.

> So I'd like to apply your patch but change the option wording to
> 'specify a copyright message for files that do not contain one'
> or something like that.

Attached is the new patch from me, which is able to change both: the
copyright message for the device and what I call "license text".
The first one works fine with my Garmin devices. Since my
Mapsource version doesn't display the license text, I'm not really
able to test that part. But by looking at the images with a hex
editor, it looks good, the new text ist there.

  Thorsten