logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Bug tracker or wiki

From g0ldfish e-blu at gmx.net on Tue Nov 22 09:47:49 GMT 2011

> I guess it could be as simple as someone creating a page on
> wiki.openstreetmap.org and posting the link here. For example, the
> routing test map would naturally belong to a new wiki page on broken
> routing restrictions on newer Garmin software and firmware.

A wiki page is a good thing for some (limited) time, but the more
reports aggregate there the less helpful it seems (see
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Mkgmap which is still one
of the recommended ways to report issues). From my point the
benefit in setting up a ticket system is that information is
structured and therefore can be filtered according to the given
needs. Thus, instead of manually cleaning up and removing solved
issues we could rather not show them by default but still have
them available for reference.