logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Bug tracker or wiki

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Tue Nov 22 06:55:48 GMT 2011

On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 10:23:25PM +0000, Steve Ratcliffe wrote:
>I kind of like the idea that bugs go to the mailing list first,
>at least while the project is small enough for that to be reasonable.
>
>Still, something that we don't do very well is showing progress that
>has been made and this could help a lot with that.

I think that the mailing list is OK for simple bugs that can be fixed
quickly.

For things that involve a nontrivial amount of coding or
reverse-engineering, it could be useful to have a bug tracker or even a
wiki page where users and developers would have an overview of the
status and could post results of their tests.

I guess it could be as simple as someone creating a page on
wiki.openstreetmap.org and posting the link here. For example, the
routing test map would naturally belong to a new wiki page on broken
routing restrictions on newer Garmin software and firmware.

	Marko