logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Short mkgmap HowTo

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Fri Nov 18 06:56:50 GMT 2011

On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 12:03:38AM +0000, Steve Ratcliffe wrote:

>>The main page (http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Mkgmap) seems a
>>little overcrowded and misleading ("The goal of the project is to take
>>OpenStreetMap data and put it on my Garmin Legend Cx").
>
>Can't believe I wrote that! I hate it when projects say what their goal
>is rather than what they are.

Hey, you never know how big the project is going to be. This reminds me
of another one that began with a humble announcement (see
http://liw.fi/linux20/).

Back on topic: Should we have some sort of a bug tracking system? Even a
list of the important bugs would do. When a bug is fixed, it would be
moved to another list that specifies the svn revision of the fix. There
are bug tracking systems, such as Trac and Mantis, but running those
might be more trouble than it is worth. After all, mkgmap is of more
manageable size than JOSM, for example.

	Marko