logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Short mkgmap HowTo

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Fri Nov 18 00:03:38 GMT 2011

> The main page (http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Mkgmap) seems a little
> overcrowded and misleading ("The goal of the project is to take
> OpenStreetMap data and put it on my Garmin Legend Cx"). I'd expect a

Can't believe I wrote that! I hate it when projects say what their goal
is rather than what they are.

Anyway that was a long time ago and I've no objection to you removing
any of that old stuff.  Your ideas of the changes to make seem good to
me. In particular the downloading section has proved to be difficult to
keep up to date, especially across the different languages, so should be
reformed in the way you suggest.

I'd like to add my add my support to Charlie Ferrero's help pages. The
arguments file at
   http://www.cferrero.net/maps/downloads/options_GCC_GPS.args
is a great example of how a complete map creation project can be handled.

..Steve