logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] routing improvements?

From Carlos Dávila cdavilam at orangecorreo.es on Wed Nov 16 22:21:44 GMT 2011

El 16/11/11 09:26, Marko Mäkelä escribió:
> On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 11:38:45PM +0100, flabot at googlemail.com wrote:
>
>> I read http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:construction
>>
>> construction=minor means that a road can be driven but at lower speed.
>> construction=yes mean that a road with the roadtype highway=* will be
>> build, and you cant drive it at the moment with an car.
>>
> Isn't highway=proposed for this? I replied on the forum in more detail:
> http://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?id=13257
>

>> I think we could set roadspeed to zero for every thing exact
>> construction=yes, and construction=yes  should lower the roadspeed.
>>
> How does lowering the roadspeed work? Carlos Dávila suggested the same:
>

>> Perhaps mkgmap:road-speed could be a good option:
>> highway=*&  construction=* { add mkgmap:road-speed = '-1'; add
>> mkgmap:road-speed-min = '1' }
>>
> How does this work? I did not follow the discussions when this was
> implemented, because my personal itch has always been bicycle routing.
 From Mark Burton email dated on 14/10/2009:

v2 - you can now have mkgmap:road-class-min and mkgmap:road-class-max
tags (and the same for the road speed) that will limit the final value
used. These can either be added to the POI (from whence they will be
transferred to the way by mkgmap) or directly to the way.

---------------------

V1 - This is something that was briefly discussed not too long ago and the
idea is that a road's speed or class can be modified by the
presence of a POI that defines new values for either/both of them. This,
hopefully, will make ways that have stuff like traffic signals and
crossings, etc. less attractive to route over.

The values are specified using mkgmap:road-speed and mkgmap:road-class
tags added to the POI.

These tags expect an integer value, optionally preceded by a + or -
which make the adjustment relative to the original value.

For example, mkgmap:road-speed=3 sets the speed to 3 and
mkgmap:road-speed=-1 reduces the speed by 1 from whatever value it had
before.

Here's some possible rules for the points file:

highway=traffic_signals { add mkgmap:road-speed = '-1' }
highway=crossing { add mkgmap:road-speed = '-1' }
highway=mini_roundabout { add mkgmap:road-speed = '1' }

The region of the way that has its speed/class modified is limited to
the closest points either side of the POI. Not sure if that's the right
thing to do yet. Needs playing with.

You need to specify the --link-pois-to-ways option to enable this
functionality.

It was commited as rev 1278 (use svn log -r 1278 for more info).