logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] TYP mkgmap integration

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Wed Nov 16 14:29:54 GMT 2011

Hi Minko

[Sorry about previous blank email!]

> The header size
>
> This is not specified when I export my typ file to txt with typ viewer so it is set to short (old format).
> I noticed this give problems with extended polygon types like this one

Right, I was working with the minimum header size while testing with
the mapnik.txt file, but I've now gone back to the larger size - oh
yes probably not checked in yet - will do so soon. My local copy seems
to work with the cases you mention.

> Another issue is that mkgmap compiles my typfile.txt into MKG(FID).TYP. Is it possible to specify the name of the typ file that is created?

That was a bad choice I agree. How about using --overview-mapname so
it would be named the same as all the other extra files by default? ie
osmmap.typ by default?

..Steve