logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Free-as-in-speech text-to-TYP converter

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Wed Nov 16 12:56:30 GMT 2011

Hi Nick

> I've updated typwiz to show your typ file - I hadn't reckoned on  2 icons as
> it was set for 4.

OK thanks it works now!

> I think its a good idea to use icons rather than points
>
> [_icons]
> Type=0x09
> IconXpm="30 30 0 1"
> "#909090"
>
> Presumably these are for the additional 'smaller' icons , not the main poi
> as show in Garmin's city navigator typs ... Or perhaps for all of them?

It is the whole bundle of icons (4 is the typical number, as you say)
at different resolutions that occur in the TYP 9 section - offset 0x66
in the header.

So the for the file I posted the source with the image data removed
for brevity was:

   [_id]
   FID=23
   ProductCode=1
   CodePage=1252
   [end]

   [_icons]
   Type=0x3014

   IconXpm="24 21 0 1"
   ; [ image data removed ... ]

   IconXpm="16 16 3 1"
   ; [ image data removed ... ]
   [end]

So there are two icons with different resolutions associated
with the typ 0x3014, one of which happens to use the true colour format.

As for the true colour images themselves, you can use them in a _point
section too. I don't know if it will work on a device though!

> as far as Michels additional pois - I think its a stab in the dark

Oh OK, I understand.

> I can see why he thinks they are additional pois as none of the labels seem
> to refer to the icons

There are certainly more labels than icons, but I think they do match
up where an icon exists. I didn't look very hard though.

..Steve