logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] routing improvements?

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Wed Nov 16 08:26:04 GMT 2011

On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 11:38:45PM +0100, flabot at googlemail.com wrote:
>I read http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:construction
>
>construction=minor means that a road can be driven but at lower speed.
>construction=yes mean that a road with the roadtype highway=* will be
>build, and you cant drive it at the moment with an car.

Isn't highway=proposed for this? I replied on the forum in more detail:
http://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?id=13257

>I think we could set roadspeed to zero for every thing exact
>construction=yes, and construction=yes  should lower the roadspeed.

How does lowering the roadspeed work? Carlos Dávila suggested the same:

>Perhaps mkgmap:road-speed could be a good option:
>highway=* & construction=* { add mkgmap:road-speed = '-1'; add
>mkgmap:road-speed-min = '1' }

How does this work? I did not follow the discussions when this was
implemented, because my personal itch has always been bicycle routing.

	Marko