logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Free-as-in-speech text-to-TYP converter

From n Willink nw at pinns.co.uk on Wed Nov 16 07:06:10 GMT 2011

You've been working hard at this!

I've updated typwiz to show your typ file - I hadn't reckoned on  2 icons as
it was set for 4.

I think its a good idea to use icons rather than points

[_icons]
Type=0x09
IconXpm="30 30 0 1"
"#909090"

Presumably these are for the additional 'smaller' icons , not the main poi
as show in Garmin's city navigator typs ... Or perhaps for all of them?

I'm putting the final touches to my own saving routines and will test the
code on mapsource/basecamp first - I'm a bit wary of testing it on my oregon
as in the past I've managed to 'upset' the firmware and set undocumented
flags.

as far as Michels additional pois - I think its a stab in the dark

with a navigator typ it produces the following hex dumps and additional
labels

 00 00 00 A6	 01 00 00 FB		@ HOME
 19 00 07 00	 A4 00 02 00		087 JALTA
 00 A2 0C 00	 00 38 36 00		1-2-3
 11 00 00 1D	 03 00 00 55		1 POTATO 2
 04 00 17 00	 12 01 04 00		1 STOP

Strangely the hex is wrongly paired up. If you look at the block the hex
acts /up to a point/ as 3 byte pointers, bit like pointers to LBL1 or NET1
in an IMG.

A lot of the data is still unclear.

I can see why he thinks they are additional pois as none of the labels seem
to refer to the icons

Interestingly, the *same *typ files is used in several different gemapsupps